How Paint Influences Your Mood
Knowing how colors influences the personalities and moods of potential home buyers can be a selling tool when selling your Coachella Valley home. Wise choices in colors can set the scene for a buying mood.
Colors have three basic ways in which they behave- passive, active and neutral. Light colors are airy and expansive, giving the illusion of more space in a room, while dark colors are sophisticated and warm and offer an intimate touch in a room.
Colors and How They May Trigger Senses and Moods
- Blue: Blue is said to lower the heart rate and blood pressure and a wonderful choice for homeowners when trying to create a serene and calming atmosphere in a room.
- Yellow: Yellow is a happy color and one that is a wonderful choice of color in kitchens, bathrooms and dining rooms. Yellow also provides the illusion of space. However, too much yellow can trigger frustration and anger.
- Red: Red is a color that stimulates conversations, senses and excitement and a color that is strong and makes an impressive first impression, provided it is used tastefully and appropriately.
- Purple: Purple is a sophisticated, dramatic and rich color and one that is a good choice in a room where an atmosphere of creativity and luxury are trying to be created.
- Green: Green is a color that is great choice for any room and a color that stimulates different senses. In the living room it offers relaxation and a sense of unwinding, while in kitchens, it offers a cooling feel. Green is also known as a stress reliever, making it idea for bedrooms and bathrooms, as well.
- Orange: Orange is a color that create excitement, energy and enthusiasm and a good choice in rooms, such as exercise rooms; however, it is a poor choice in bedrooms and living rooms.